The Temple, Congregation B’nai Jehudah offers many programs for families with young children, aimed at celebrating Shabbat and holidays together as a community as well as enriching observances in their own homes. Participate in these events to learn, observe and form friendships that will last for years to come!
Young Family Shabbat Services and Dinners
Families with children ages five and under celebrate Shabbat in a kid-friendly service. This Shabbat service includes singing with Ms. Laura and blessings and a short story told by Rabbi Smiley. Every month, families with young children enjoy a potluck Shabbat dinner.
(Friday evening services are held at 5:15 pm)
- Friday, November 2 (At B’nai Jehudah)
- Friday, January 2 (At Jewish Community Campus)
- Friday, February 1 (At Jewish Community Campus)
- Friday, March 1 (At Jewish Community Campus)
- Friday April 5 (At Jewish Community Campus)
- Children’s programs are offered on various holidays and are designed to explore some of the central lessons of each holiday.
- Rosh Hashanah with Mesner Puppet Theatre: Monday, September 10, 8:30 am
- Yom Kippur with Mesner Puppet Theatre: Wednesday, September 19, 8:30 am
- Congregational Sukkot Harvest Happening (Festival, Service, Dinner): Sunday, September 23, 3:00 PM
- Chanukah 180 Menorahs Service and Dinner: Friday, December 7, 6:00 pm