Shabbat at B’nai Jehudah
Come pray with us. Every day of the week we have an opportunity to come together in prayer with B’nai Jehudah.
On Shabbat join us in person or virtually at
- 6:00 pm on Friday nights and
- 10:30 am on Saturday mornings
Shabbat is a time to join together in joy, contemplation and reflection. Shabbat at B’nai Jehudah combines community, ruach (spirit) and wonderful music into an uplifting service that will allow you to learn and celebrate. We combine traditional prayers with contemporary music to bring the ancient words of our tradition to life. We link ourselves to the 150 years of our history by celebrating the next link in the Jewish chain when we call a young person to the bima as a bar/bat mitzvah.
Additional Shabbat worship opportunities are also available at B’nai Jehudah! Learn more about:
- Share Shabbat: A monthly Shabbat experience created for the youngest (or young-at-heart!) members of our community and their families.
- Shabbat in the Park: An all-ages, monthly, music-filled outdoor Shabbat celebration that happens each May-August at local parks.
- Yalla! Shabbat: Join us for a beautiful Shabbat service, led by our tefillah team and students. Dinner to follow for families in the specific grades of each service. Families, stay tuned for more information and a registration link coming soon from Yalla!
- Shabbat Chadash: Fridays April 8 | 6:00 pm | B’nai Jehudah
Come enjoy a beautiful and ruach-filled musical Shabbat service. Our tefillah team will be out in full force, lifting our spirits with song as our rabbis bring the prayers to life with special readings and reflections.
- 50 Years of Women on the Bimah: Friday, June 3 | 6:00 pm | B’nai Jehudah
Join us to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ordination of Sally J. Priesand, the first woman publicly ordained as a rabbi. Followed by a congregational dinner, sponsored by Sisterhood.
- Family Havdalah at the Nelson: Saturday, June 4 | 3:00 pm-5:00 pm | The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Bring your own picnic dinner and blankets and enjoy dinner al fresco! We’ll have lawn games, fun activities for families to do together, and have the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful outdoor Havdalah together on the lawn at the Nelson. Stay tuned for more information.