NFTY Convention 2015, ATL
NFTY Convention 2015 will be held in Atlanta, GA from February 13 – February 17. B’nai Jehudah is dedicated to ensuring that our teens have the opportunity to attend. We will be giving up to $500 to up to 10 PBnJ members that want to attend. Early bird ends November 17. In order to receive the scholarship from B’nai Jehudah, you must be an official paid member of PBnJTYG.
Please contact Danny Todtfeld (Daniel.email@example.com) if you are interested in receiving some of our scholarship money toward the convention!
What is the NFTY Convention all about?
Click here for more information: http://www.nftyconvention.org/
- NFTY Convention is a high-energy weekend with a non-stop roster of amazing programming, speakers, concerts, and experiential learning opportunities.
- NFTY Convention is open to any Jewish teen in grade 9 to 12 in North America. Some of our participants include those who are involved in their local youth groups, NFTY events, and alumni of URJ Camps, Israel trips and Mitzvah Corps programs.
- This is the only event of its kind – bringing together Jewish teens representing every geographic region in North America.
- You can customize their convention experience with an optional intensive training session offering up to 10 hours of special programming in Song Leading, Social Justice Advocacy orMadrichim/Teacher’s Assistant.
- There will be an opportunity to meet Jewish teens from around the world during joint-programming with BBYO International Convention. (Yes, there will be time for you to see and hang out with your friends attending BBYO IC).
- Music is a huge part of the convention. There will be song sessions and concerts with our brightest and best musicians (past musicians have included Josh Nelson, Dan Nichols, Rick Recht and Alan Goodis). Shabbat is an incredible moment, as a community of over a thousand teens come together to worship together.
- The convention program will be filled with opportunities to learn and network in workshops, seminars and plenaries covering topics that are important to them. Past topics have included social action, Israel, political advocacy, hunger, and texting while driving. There will also be sessions on leadership development and youth group programming, designed to prepare to teens to return to their communities and congregations inspired to lead their peers and adults. A committee of teens is part of the program planning team.
- There will be opportunities to hear from big name speakers and musicians. Past guests have included Actors Joshua Malina (Sportsnight, Scandal), Scott Wolf (Party of Five) and Bob Saget (Full House), Musicians Adam Gardner (from the band Guster) and Hadag Nahash, television producers Marta Kaufman (Friends) and Aaron Sorkin (West Wing, Newsroom).
- There will be reunions for teens who have participated in URJ Camps and NFTY North American programs, including NFTY in Israel, NFTY-EIE, Mitzvah Corps and URJ Kutz Camp. Our Camp Directors, Assistant Directors, Israel staff and NFTY staff will be on-hand the entire event.
- There will be an incredible NFTY Store that includes merchandise from all NFTY regions.
- You will participate in NFTY plenary sessions, where you can influence the future of NFTY through its general business, including election of the 2015-16 NFTY North American Board.
- You will tour Atlanta and take in the wonderful sites.
- There will be an unforgettable celebration of NFTY’s 75th Anniversary!