Our Executive Director is responsible for the overall business operations and management of B’nai Jehudah. The work includes implementation and supervision of administrative functions while adhering to the principles and values outlined in our mission statement. Reporting to the President of the Board of Trustees and serving as a partner and liaison with the Senior Rabbi, the Executive Director ensures the successful operation of the congregation. In limited consultation with the Board, the ED creates and implements policies and programs that move our congregation forward strategically; directly supervises administrative and facilities staff; oversees and implements improvements to day-to-day operations, budgeting, and maintenance of all properties; managing membership details including recruiting, onboarding and retention; supervises and executes events, programs, and activities. The duties of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to the following:
The duties of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fiscal Oversight
- Facilities Oversight and Security
- People Leadership/Office Management
- Public Relations, Development and Member Relations
- Oversight of membership onboarding & retention
- Implementation and evolution of B’nai Jehudah’s Strategic Plan
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree finance or business administration or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of management experience with demonstrated leadership and management growth. Previous non-profit or synagogue management experience preferred. Must be able to work autonomously with initiative towards continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgeting and accounting; higher level computer proficiency, particularly analyzing spreadsheets and budgeting data
- Experience managing building staff, ensuring security and maintenance of the operations and appearance of building, grounds, property and equipment (including technology, sound systems and live streaming)
- Demonstrated initiative, strategic planning and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to continuously re-prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player with clergy and lay leadership.
- Demonstrated courtesy, respect and compassion towards the board, staff and members as well as other entities.
- Executive Director must possess substantial knowledge of Jewish ritual, history and customs or be willing to learn. Professional and personal performance must reflect Jewish values and ethical considerations. This individual must be a positive reflection upon the Temple and its congregation.
- Membership: 1000 families
- Congregation Operating Budget: $2M
- Facility: 65k square feet
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Temple, Congregation B’nai Jehudah is an equal opportunity employer.